AUTOMATED CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, INC. has been a leading provider of turnkey material handling systems and facility upgrades for over 40 years. Specializing in the corrugated, folding carton and the bottle and can industries, ACS has built a solid reputation on a foundation of service, craftsmanship, and innovative technology. ACS recruits and hires locally as often as possible and, whenever possible, supports the local economy when buying services, materials and supplies.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for an Assembly Mechanic to assemble complex and precision mechanical assemblies and complicated mechanisms having critical dimensional specification and operating relationships where fitting of components, calibrations of operating units, and alignment.
- Assembly Mechanic essential functions are as follows:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, and bills of material for advanced and complex product such as ring turntables and power transfer cars.
- Locates, positions, and moves necessary material and parts using hoist and fork truck.
- Checks fabricated and purchased parts and material for deviation from required specifications.
- Loads and unloads trucks as required.
- Performs layout of “special” parts as required.
- Operates various metal fabricating machines to fabricate “special” parts.
- Performs pre-wiring of motors, photo eyes, sensors, measuring wheels, and terminates wiring at the control panel.
- Performs electrical start-up and troubleshooting as required.
- Performs arc welding as required.
- Receives written and verbal instruction from supervisor.
- Notifies supervisor of any unusual conditions of material, drawings, parts, and shop equipment.
- Meets acceptable time/work standards.
- Keeps immediate work area clean and orderly.
- Works in accordance with established safety policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In order to qualify for this position, you will have:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Position typically expects three (3) to five (5) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of the position
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16th of an inch
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
- Possess problem solving capabilities
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to work well with others
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.