AUTOMATED CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, INC. has been a leading provider of turnkey material handling systems and facility upgrades for over 40 years. Specializing in the corrugated, folding carton and the bottle and can industries, ACS has built a solid reputation on a foundation of service, craftsmanship, and innovative technology. ACS recruits and hires locally as often as possible and, whenever possible, supports the local economy when buying services, materials and supplies.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for a Machinist to fabricate steel and various other metals appurtenant to conveyor assembly and utilization. Machines utilized include, but are not limited to:
- Cutoff Saw
- Drill Press
- Press Brake
- Plasma Cutter
Machines may either be manual or CNC.
Machinist essential functions are as follows:
- Follows written and verbal instruction from leadman and supervisor.
- Read and interpret blueprints for standard and custom parts as required.
- Read an interpret bills of material for same.
- Work with basic shop math, fractions, decimals, and formulas.
- Read tape measure, scale, calipers, micrometer, and work with relatively close tolerances.
- Operate overhead crane/hoist and fork truck as required.
- Operate machines to complete machining cycles and check work and parts for quality.
- Knowledge of various types of steel including flat bar, angle, channel and rod.
- Program and troubleshoot CNC equipment as required.
- Familiarity with and understanding of programming including formats, specifications and capacities.
- Install program tape/cards in console reader and correlate machine position with control.
- Recognize and repeat errors in programming and operations.
- Diagnose operating difficulties and make the appropriate remedial adjustments as required.
- Notifies supervisor or leadman of any unusual conditions of material or equipment.
- Meets acceptable time/work standards.
- Keeps immediate work area clean and orderly.
- Works in accordance with established safety policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In order to qualify for this position, you will have:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Position typically expects three (3) to five (5) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of the position
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16th of an inch
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
- Possess problem solving capabilities
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to work well with others
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.