AUTOMATED CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, INC. has been a leading provider of turnkey material handling systems and facility upgrades for over 40 years. Specializing in the corrugated, folding carton and the bottle and can industries, ACS has built a solid reputation on a foundation of service, craftsmanship, and innovative technology. ACS recruits and hires locally as often as possible and, whenever possible, supports the local economy when buying services, materials and supplies.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for a Pre-Wire Technician to assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and installs components, units, sub-assemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment.
Pre-Wire Technician essential functions are as follows:
- Receives written and verbal instruction from supervisor.
- Fabricate electrical sub-assemblies per detailed instructions;
- Wire custom control panels per detailed schematics;
- Hard wire equipment per drawings;
- Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results;
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications;
- Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths;
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions;
- Maintain a clean and safe environment through a continued program of daily sweeping and general cleaning;
- Locates, positions, and moves necessary material and parts using hoist and fork truck.
- Checks fabricated and purchased parts and material for deviation from required specifications.
- Performs pre-wiring of motors, photo eyes, sensors, measuring wheels, and terminates wiring at the control panel.
- Performs electrical start-up and troubleshooting as required.
- Notifies supervisor of any unusual conditions of material, drawings, parts, and shop equipment.
- Meets acceptable time/work standards.
- Works in accordance with established safety policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In order to qualify for this position, you will have:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Position typically expects three (3) to five (5) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of the position
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
- Possess problem solving capabilities
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to work well with others
Ideal candidate would be proficient at all aspects of electrical installation including but not limited to: Bending and installation of rigid conduit / wire-way, wire and cable pulls and wire terminations. Strong control wiring background and control panel fabrication experience a plus.
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.