AUTOMATED CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, INC. has been a leading provider of turnkey material handling systems and facility upgrades for over 40 years. Specializing in the corrugated, folding carton and the bottle and can industries, ACS has built a solid reputation on a foundation of service, craftsmanship, and innovative technology. ACS recruits and hires locally as often as possible and, whenever possible, supports the local economy when buying services, materials and supplies.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for an AutoCAD Electrical Designer / Drafter. This position is responsible for the design of electrical control panels as well as all components related to the conveyor. In this role, you will assist the Electrical Engineering Department personnel to assure proper execution of the design, compliance with industry standards and customer specifications. Requires the ability to create complex parts, assemblies and bills of material. Must be detail oriented and take ownership of projects. Must be able to work independently on projects to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Associates Degree or Vocational Training preferred
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the principles of electricity and electronics
- Required to work overtime and weekends as needed
- 1 year experience in the CAD field preferred.
- 1 year experience in a Manufacturing facility preferred.
- Experience in electrical drafting preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical and electronic/mechanical drawings, prints and schematics
- Must be able to operate and interpret all types of electrical test equipment
- Must be able to trouble shoot and repair all types of electrical/electronic circuits and equipment
- This position requires regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with Company policies. Additionally, the ability to interact well with other employees and work overtime, as necessary, is required.
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting and / or repetitive tasks throughout the day
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.