AUTOMATED CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, INC. has been a leading provider of turnkey material handling systems and facility upgrades for over 40 years. Specializing in the corrugated, folding carton and the bottle and can industries, ACS has built a solid reputation on a foundation of service, craftsmanship, and innovative technology. ACS recruits and hires locally as often as possible and, whenever possible, supports the local economy when buying services, materials and supplies.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for an Installation / Field Service Technician to travel to our client’s sites to install, repair and troubleshoot conveyor and its related appurtenances.
As an Installation Technician, you will be responsible to follow directions in order to accomplish all tasks in the requisite amount of time.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Installation, start-up, and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical material handling equipment and machines.
- Ability to run conduit and make wire pulls.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and programming problems.
- Possess a good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to operate various hand and power tools.
- Familiarity with types of equipment produced by ACS (I.E. centering device and chain transfer.)
- Operate fork truck and overhead crane or hoist.
- Prepares and maintains paperwork as required including time sheets and expense reports.
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis from customer’s job site to job site.
- Meets acceptable time/work standards.
- Keeps immediate work area clean and orderly.
- Works in accordance with established safety rules and regulations.
- Prior conveyor installation experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with control logic and panel views is a plus.
In order to qualify for this position, you will have:
- Strong industrial, mechanical and/or electrical knowledge.
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16th of an inch.
- Ability to safely lift and carry 70-100 pounds.
- Ability to understand basic mechanical and electrical schematic drawings.
- Good written & oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to interface well with customers and vendors.
- Have the desire and self-initiative to be willing to continuously learn.
This job will require overnight travel to client sites (primarily in the US, but can occasionally travel worldwide). Candidates should expect to spend anywhere from, but not limited to, two weeks to six weeks continuous travel. Travel expenses are 100% company paid and a generous per diem is provided. Employees keep their hotel, rental car and airline points.
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.